Casey Family Programs
Bay Area Field Office
491 9th St.
Oakland, CA 94607-4047
Foster Care and forever families
Casey Family Programs Bay Area field office in Oakland, California has served youth and families in three counties and 20 different school districts for more than 30 years.
We provide foster care services and work toward achieving legal permanence for youth through reunification, legal guardianship or adoption.
We also provide case management, connections to community services and supports to help youth successfully transition into adulthood.
Interested in fostering?
If you're thinking about fostering but would like more information to help you make your decision, read Casey Family Programs' resources about becoming a foster parent.
To speak with someone directly—or to begin your application process—contact the Bay Area Field Office by calling (510) 444-4025 and dialing extension.42966.
We are currently recruiting foster parents interested in caring for youth and in making permanent connections for youth ages 11 – 18.
- Tutoring support
- Funding for clothing
- Opportunity to apply for Casey’s continuing education and job training program (CEJT)
- Family Group Conferencing
- Case management for youth in care
- Educational support and advocacy with schools
- Well being supports (medical, dental, therapy)
Safely reducing the number of youth in foster care
Casey Family Programs' 2020 Strategy drives our work with state, county and tribal child welfare systems to to safely reduce the number of children in foster care by 50% by the year 2020.
The Bay Area Field Office helps to contribute to this goal locally by:
- Providing services that create safety, permanence and well-being for children and youth.
- Engaging in partnerships with Alameda County Social Services Agency Department of Children and Family Services, Juvenile Probation and other community based organizations.
- Addressing the over-representation of children and youth of color in foster care.