Our vision for this Breakthrough Series Collaborative was that participating jurisdictions would contribute to the development of child welfare systems that are free of structural racism and that benefit all children, families, and communities by:
- Engaging with a group of other jurisdictions in critical change activities
- Creating environments in which strategies can be developed and tested
- Developing a cadre of leaders across the country who are working toward solutions
- Creating and sustaining partnerships to advance the work
- Disseminating lessons learned
Report Purpose and Overview
This report has been developed to describe the Breakthrough Series Collaborative methodology and the experience of those jurisdictions that participated in the Disproportionality BSC.
Included in this report is a detailed description of those strategies that participants developed during this process. While many ideas were tested by participants during this process, the strategies described in this report are those that were reported by the jurisdictions as having the greatest potential to show progress over time.