About Casey Family Programs
Our mission is to provide and improve – and ultimately prevent the need for – foster care.
Casey Family Programs is the nation’s largest operating foundation focused on safely reducing the need for foster care and building Communities of Hope for children and families across America. Founded in 1966, we work in 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico to influence long-lasting improvements to the safety and success of children, families and the communities where they live.
We are committed to the principles of 2020: Building Communities of Hope:
- Every child should grow up in a safe, supportive and permanent family
- Every family should have access to the support of a strong and caring community
- Every community should determine how to create hope and opportunities for its children and families in need
- Everyone has a role to play in building communities of hope for all children
To achieve this goal we must:
- Safely reduce the need for foster care 50 percent by the year 2020: We partner with child welfare systems, families, policymakers, American Indian tribes and courts to support practices and policies that safely reduce the need for foster care, increase the safety and success of children and strengthen the resilience of families.
- Demonstrate how every child can have a safe and permanent family: We provide and improve foster care and related services in nine community-based offices to demonstrate how every child can have a safe, permanent and supportive family. We share the knowledge we gain through this work to inform improvements in child welfare practice and policy.
- Support more effective investments in children and families: Through our public policy work, we contribute nonpartisan information, data and resources to help officials at the local, state and federal level make more effective investments in children and families.
- Encourage a shared vision for success: We encourage community leaders at all levels to think, plan and act collectively to improve the long-term safety and success of children and their families.
Since our founding in 1966, we have invested more than $1.6 billion to support improvements in programs, services and public policies that benefit children and families in the child welfare system. Over the next decade, we will invest at least $1 billion more to fulfill the promise of 2020: Building Communities of Hope.
At the end of 2014,
Casey Family Programs