Parent partner programs: Understanding their value, research, impact, and application
To deepen and advance strategic efforts aimed at implementing and expanding effective programs serving children and families, Casey Family Programs hosted a discussion about the value, impact, and application of parent partner programs. Research has shown the effectiveness and positive outcomes for families impacted by the child welfare system when working with parent partners. This conversation highlights those findings, explores various parent partner programs, and describes key programmatic components, which leverage meaningful and equitable engagement through lived experience to support families in navigating systems.
The presentation’s objectives are to:
- Describe key program components of parent partner programs
- Present research findings and outcomes
- Discuss benefits, challenges, and opportunities for family engagement and family centered practice
- Hear from parent and program leaders directly about key program benefits
- Consider opportunities to further share research findings, sustain existing programs, or replicate parent partner models